Ark of Hope for Children
Ark of Hope for Children is empowering advocates and donors to bring care and awareness to those victimized as children by human trafficking, child abuse and bullying. Ark of Hope is a human rights umbrella organization using a trauma informed approach to serve survivors through our various programs.
This approach acknowledges that traumatized people often respond to daily life quite differently even years after their traumatic experiences ended. If we can address their trauma, we can change lives. Unconditional love, understanding and mentoring support can empower victims to mold the challenges of their past into hope filled futures as thriving survivors.
Statistics we have gathered about child trafficking, child abuse and bullying show that intervention is highly needed. Click the links above to the latest statistics or click on our programs below that highlight our efforts to mobilize lighthouses of hope for survivors throughout the U.S. and beyond.
- Average victims age is 11 to 14
- Average life span of a victim is 3 to 7 years
- This year alone 10,000,000 Children, 13 years of age and up will contract at least one(1) or more STI or STD in the United States.
- There are at least 2,000,000 run-aways every year.
- 1 out of every 6 run-aways will fall into Child Sex traffickers hands, and that translates to 16.667%, so out of 2,000,000 runaways 333,340 Children will be raped