MURFREESBORO, TN — A Murfreesboro detective has found his hands legally tied in a case of child sexual abuse. According to the report provided to The Daily News Journal, the investigation began in January, but the incident took place from 1988 to 1992.
“I discussed the case with the District Attorney’s Office and it appears that the statute of limitations prevents me from charging (the suspect),” the investigating officer wrote.
According to the report, the victim would have been between the ages of 11 and 15 during the years of the abuse, and the suspect was between 17 and 20. The officer went on to note that “the suspect is currently around minors and the victim was 11 to 15 at the time he was molested, therefore a DCS referral was made.”
“DCS is not a law enforcement agency,” Rob Johnson, director for communications for the Department of Children’s Services, told The Daily News Journal. “But anyone who suspects that a child is being abused or neglected must report those concerns to the DCS child abuse hotline at 877-237-0004.”
Texas toddler diagnosed with HIV, genital herpes & chlamydia after being assaulted by uncle
March 18, 2016 – HOUSTON, TX – David Wilson was found guilty of child sex assault in a Houston court.
Wilson, a previous sex offender, was accused of molesting two young girls. The jury deliberated about an hour.
Wilson was found guilty of the sexual assault of a child in 2005 and sentenced to four years in prison. Six years later, Wilson has been found guilty again in a case that has lifelong consequences for two more children.
He was charged with super aggravated sexual assault of a child. The enhanced charge is because of the age of the victim. She was only 23 months old at the time. We have also been told that the child is Wilson’s niece.
A court document states that the assault occurred last year. The toddler’s parents are said to have lived out-of-state, had drug problems and sent their daughter to live with family in Houston. The child is the daughter of Wilson’s sister.
Last November, the toddler was taken to a doctor, where she was diagnosed with HIV, genital herpes and chlamydia. Re-constructive surgery was performed because of infection to her private parts. A doctor told investigators that she had to have been sexually abused because of the sexually transmitted diseases that were detected.
Four people in the home where the child lived were tested. Only one tested positive for HIV. It was David R. Wilson. It’s unclear why Wilson was not arrested at the time.
A 14-year-old girl spoke to the Children’s Assessment Center, telling a caseworker she had been having sex with a man for two years. She identified the man as David R. Wilson and said she was pregnant. An exam of the girl showed that she was HIV positive, had herpes and chlamydia.
Indianapolis Public Schools changes Child Abuse procedure
INDIANAPOLIS, IN – The district’s delayed response to an official accused of having sexual encounters with students has prompted Indianapolis Public Schools to strengthen its procedures for handling reports of suspected child abuse or neglect.
Superintendent Lewis Ferebee said Thursday that school officials are now required to report any allegations of abuse or neglect to the district’s police department. School officials were previously required to report such allegations to the Indiana Department of Child Services.
The policy change is the result of problems with the district’s handling of child sex abuse allegations against a former counselor.
Shana Taylor is accused of engaging in sexual conduct with one student in multiple locations, including the school, between October and February. The encounters began when the student was 16 and continued after he turned 17, according to the Marion County prosecutor’s office.
Taylor also is accused of having a sexual encounter with a second student who was 16 at the time.
Court records and interviews indicate that at least six district officials, including Ferebee, learned of the allegations as early as Feb. 17, but no one reported the allegations until Feb. 23.
Ferebee said he didn’t report it himself because he didn’t have “relevant facts about the allegation.”
“I did not have age, name, text messages, photos, anything that was associated with this claim,” he said. “So I just want to be clear about that. If I had that type of information, obviously I would have an obligation there. But I did not have that information.”
Earlier this month, Ferebee said the district would “aggressively” pursue disciplinary action against school employees who failed to immediately report the allegations against Taylor. The school board hasn’t taken any action against those employees because it’s waiting from recommendations from Ferebee, according to board president Mary Ann Sullivan.
On Thursday, Ferebee said some employees are involved in disciplinary action, but he didn’t share any additional information.
Sullivan declined to comment on whether the board would pursue disciplinary action against Ferebee.
Your agenda shows right through the illusion of helping Children, because BS DOES NOT smell like anything associated with Children, more like CRONYS and GOOD OL’ BOYS….
“I honestly believe just through the calls and emails that I’ve received that we start looking at other diocese,” Rozzi said.
When people start throwing The Clergy under the bus, it always turns out they got something to hide.
As it turns out, I recall quiet a list of things just for the past 2 years that Pennsylvania would love to hide:
Pennsylvania ignoring Sex Offenders and Child Sexual Abuse in their own school systems.
Attorney Questions Changed PA Child Abuse Report.
PA DHS 3rd Revised 2014 CA Report.
Sexual Abuse Suspects Sentenced to 880 Years in Prison.
I believe it needs to be mentioned FOR THE RECORD, that reports of Child Sexual Abuse is UNSUBSTANTIATED only less than 2% of the time, while reports against The Clergy is UNSUBSTANTIATED over 65% of the time, and it must be mentioned FOR THE RECORD, that Law Enforcement conducts all investigations. Which is, as it should be since Our Officers of the Law are properly trained and best know the Laws.
Bedford County man a repeat offender of Child Abuse
BEDFORD, Pennsylvania – For the second time in as many years, a Bedford County man has been found guilty of endangering the welfare of a child.
Cary Albright, 33, of Osterburg, was found guilty Thursday night after a day of testimony.
The most recent charges occurred after Memorial Day 2015 when Albright returned his 3-year-old son to the mother.
According to a release from the Bedford County District Bill Higgins, the mother discovered the child had been beaten. The child had injuries that included large bruises on both sides of the face and red marks around his neck, with black and blue bruising around other areas.
The release said the child was told by his father to say that he had fallen, but later admitted that “his daddy did this to me.”
In 2012, police responded to a domestic violence incident in which Albright allegedly slammed the same child’s head into a wall while attempting to flee the scene.
Two years later, a jury convicted Albright of endangering the welfare of a child and resisting arrest. He was sentenced to 11 months in jail.
Albright is scheduled to be sentenced on May 6 and will remain in jail on retainer until sentencing.
He remains in the Bedford County Jail on a parole violation detainer.