Baby Emma found safe and Father arrested
DANVILLE, VA – The search for a missing Danville, Virginia infant believed to be in extreme danger is over.
- NC tag EKZ-5093
- 2007 Gold Suzuki four-door Forenza
- 7-month-old Emma Grace Kennedy.
- Blond, with blue eyes, and weighing about 18 pounds
- She was last seen wearing a light blue onesie.
- Last seen at Kwik Stop on Riverside Drive in Danville.
Emma Grace Kennedy, who is seven months old, appeared to be in good health and was being evaluated at a hospital, the Danville Police Department in Virginia said in a news release.
Carl Ray Kennedy, the girl’s father, was arrested with the baby in Randleman, North Carolina, about 65 miles south of where the abduction took place Sunday evening at a gas station in Danville, police said.
Virginia State Police had issued an Amber Alert early Monday stating that the infant was in “extreme danger.”
Kennedy, 51, is a registered sex offender with a long criminal history, police said.
Before the alleged abduction, he was out of jail on a $250,000 bond on a drug distribution charge.