AG Paxton’s Child Exploitation Unit Arrests
McLennan County Man for Possession of
AUSTIN, TX – Attorney General Ken Paxton today announced that the Child Exploitation Unit (CEU) of his office arrested 59-year-old Eddie Dwayne Pratt, of Robinson, on three counts of possession of child pornography, a third-degree felony.
Acting on a tip from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children® (NCMEC), investigators from the attorney general’s office searched Pratt’s home, where they discovered images of child pornography.
They also confiscated multiple digital storage devices, which will be examined by the Digital Forensics Unit of the attorney general’s office.
During questioning, Pratt admitted to possessing child pornography.
Attorney General Paxton’s office works to protect children by using the latest technology to track down some of the most profoundly evil predators online.
The Child Exploitation Unit proactively seeks out and arrests predators who commit crimes against children using technology and online sources.
Attorney General Paxton urges all parents and teachers to become aware of the risks our children face on the internet and take steps to help ensure their children’s safety.
If you suspect someone is producing or downloading child pornography you can report it to NCMEC
High-Ranking Military Commander Busted
in FBI Child Sex Trafficking Sting
COBB COUNTY, GA – Earlier this week, the FBI Metro Atlanta Child Exploitation Task Force held a sting to catch alleged sex traffickers and made multiple arrests in the process. During the sting, a high-ranking Air Force Colonel was ensnared by federal agents.
The undercover sex bust unfolded Tuesday night at a Cobb County hotel at which Lt. Col. Willie Newson, 47, was arrested. According to authorities, Newson thought he was meeting a 14-year-old girl at the hotel. He was actually meeting undercover agents pretending to be a child.
Georgia Department of Defense spokeswoman Desiree Bamba told AJC.com that Newson is on the command staff of Maj. Gen. Jesse T. Simmons Jr., who is the commander of the Georgia Air National Guard. Newson also was formerly the commander of the 165th Communication Flight of the 165th Airlift Wing, according to the official.
“Lt. Col. Newson’s alleged actions do not reflect the values we uphold in the Georgia National Guard,” she said.
As WSB-TV reports, the “undercover officer that Newson spoke with gave him the opportunity to stop communicating several times.” However, Newson continued to pursue who he thought was a 14-year-old girl.
The Air Force Colonel was using a popular dating app to pursue the child.
On Tuesday, Newson was arrested on multiple charges stemming from the child exploitation charges. After he was taken into custody, he immediately bailed himself out for $20,000.
He is currently on leave pending the outcome of the case.
“It’s upsetting to the safety of our kids, the safety of this community as a whole,” Mark Samuels, who manages the hotel where the bust took place.
As TFTP previously reported, another high-level government agent was arrested under similar circumstances. 41-year-old Donald Baldi, a Navy contractor with top-level security clearance was arrested and charged with second-degree distribution of child pornography and third-degree possession of child pornography. Baldi was also released on bail.
Just down the road, in Fulton County, GA, a massive sting operation carried out by the FBI in metro Atlanta captured dozens of child traffickers and rescued 160 children who had been forced into sex slavery by their captors. The operation concluded in June of this year.
Illustrating the massive scope of the sting, called Operation Safe Summer, it was a collaborative effort between the FBI and 38 other law enforcement agencies from six metro counties.
“They are crimes of special concern to the FBI and to law enforcement generally,” Special Agent in Charge Matt Alocke told Channel 2. “Because the victims are so vulnerable as children and because the offenders could be from just about any walk of life, from a gang member all the way up to someone who is highly successful and wealthy.”
In total, the sting ensnared 150 traffickers. Approximately 160 children, including some as young as 3-years-old were rescued. According to Alocke, the sting was specifically timed to catch these predators before summer started as the trade tends to prey on children when they are out of school.
“It’s important for those of us who are responsible for the children, the parents, the guardians, the older siblings, to not let children fall away (from) those strongly centered circles of importance,” Alcoke said.
On multiple occasions, the Free Thought Project has reportedinterviews of former child sex trafficking victims who’ve all noted that they had nowhere to go as police and high-level politicians all took place in the abuse.
In case after case, the Free Thought Project reports on horrifying instances of child sex rings that were allowed to go on for decades because politicians — including heads of states — policemen, clergy, and others were all in on the sick game.
Cottondale Child Sex Abuse suspect faces
Child Porn charge
TUSCALOOSA, AL – A Cottondale man with pending child sexual abuse charges has been arrested for disseminating child porn.
Agents with the Alabama Bureau of Investigation’s Special Victims Unit arrested James Robert Pendley, 48, on Friday. Pendley is facing one count of dissemination of child exploitation material and could face further charges, according to Lt. Brooke Walker, commander of ALEA’s Special Victims Unit and the Alabama Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force.
Pendley is currently awaiting trial on a charge of first-degree sodomy and domestic violence. He was arrested on May 10, 2017, and charged with first-degree sodomy and one count of third-degree domestic violence/assault, a misdemeanor.
According to court records, Pendley is accused of shoving and pushing a family member who caught him abusing a 6-year-old boy in the bathroom of his residence on North Davis Road on May 4, 2017. A grand jury later indicted Pendley on five felony counts of first-degree sodomy against victims who were 12, 6 and 2 at the time of his arrest.
Tuscaloosa County Circuit Court Judge Al May revoked Pendley’s bond Friday, at the request of the Tuscaloosa County District Attorney’s Office.
The Special Victims Unit was assisted by the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff’s Office, Northport Police, the Joint Electronic Crimes Task Force, Alabama State Troopers, ALEA Tactical team and members of the SBI’s Alcohol and Narcotics division while conducting the child pornography investigation.
Carthage Woman Sentenced to 90 Years for Child Pornography Production
Tammy Martin and Co-defendant Clif Seaway Filmed the Abuse of Three Child Victims
SYRACUSE, NY – Tammy M. Martin, age 48, of Carthage, New York, was sentenced today to serve 90 years in prison for her conviction on three counts of sexual exploitation of a child, announced United States Attorney Grant C. Jaquith and Kevin M. Kelly, Special Agent in Charge of the Buffalo Field Office of Homeland Security Investigations (HSI).
The sentencing today follows Martin’s earlier plea of guilty during which she admitted that on at least 4 separate occasions in 2002, she and co-defendant Clif Seaway engaged the first of the 3 victims in sexually explicit conduct for the purpose of producing visual depictions. This criminal conduct resulted in the production of at least 30 separate files depicting the child engaged in sexually explicit conduct.
Martin further admitted to the abuse of a second victim on at least 14 separate occasions from 2001 through 2007, producing at least 104 separate files depicting that abuse.
Finally, Martin admitted that on at least 26 occasions from 2004 through 2008, she and Seaway engaged the third of their victims in sexually explicit conduct, producing at least 211 separate files of that abuse.
Martin was sentenced to serve the maximum sentence allowable under federal law, consisting of 30 years of imprisonment on each count of conviction to be served consecutively to one another. If Martin is ever released from prison, she is sentenced to a term of supervised release for life, and required to register as a sex offender.
“Over a seven year period, Tammy Martin and Clif Seaway sexually exploited three children, and the 90-year sentence imposed reflects the depravity and gravity of those crimes,” said United States Attorney Grant C. Jaquith. “Our commitment to prosecutions to protect children and secure just punishment for their predators is unwavering, and we continue to seek sentences which ensure that those predators will never harm another child.”
“Today’s sentence clearly demonstrates the serious nature with which the law enforcement community views crimes committed against children,” said Kevin Kelly, Special Agent in charge of HSI Buffalo. “HSI and our partners will continue to be relentless in the aggressive pursuit of these cases, and the significant prison term handed down is an appropriate one and should serve as a stark warning about the consequences awaiting those involved in these acts.”
For his part in the abuse of these and other children, Clif Seaway was sentenced on May 3, 2018 to serve 360 years in prison.
Martin’s case was investigated by the New York State Police, and the United States Department of Homeland Security, Homeland Security Investigations (HSI). The case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorneys Lisa Fletcher, Project Safe Childhood Coordinator for the Northern District of New York, and Carina Schoenberger.
Launched in May 2006 by the Department of Justice, Project Safe Childhood is led by United States Attorneys’ Offices and the Criminal Division’s Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section (CEOS). Project Safe Childhood marshals federal, state and local resources to better locate, apprehend and prosecute individuals who exploit children via the Internet, as well as to identify and rescue victims.
The Polk County Sheriff’s Office announced Tuesday the arrests were made in connection with possession, promotion and distribution of child porn.
The suspects face at least 660 felony charges, according to the sheriff’s office.
“Most of the images we saw during this investigation depicted children being sexually battered, that we have seen before — which means we haven’t yet identified any local child victims, but as always, that is also a part of our investigation,” Sheriff Grady Judd said in a news release.
Here’s a look at the 11 arrested:
One of the men arrested, Roger Catey, worked as a project manager at Walt Disney World. A spokesperson from Disney World said that Catey was employed there until Monday, but wasn’t able to confirm if he was fired. Catey, 53, is charged with 24 counts of possession of child pornography and two counts of promotion of sexual performance by a child.
Another man arrested, Rickie Vargas-Garcia, told investigators he’s a builder for Merlin Entertainment’s Legoland. Vargas-Garcia, 30, is charged with 10 counts of possession of child pornography.
Edward Zabrowski III, 48, is charged with 64 counts of possession of child pornography and one count of the promotion of sexual performance by a child.
Richard Cousins, 64, is charged with 164 counts of possession of child pornography and three counts of promotion of sexual performance by a child.
Bruce Nopper, 51, is charged with 12 counts of possession of child pornography and one count of promotion of sexual performance by a child.
Don Carrier, 84, is charged with 200 counts of possession of child pornography.
Matthew Sentz, 35, is charged with 100 counts of possession of child pornography.
Jarrod Whitting, 24, is charged with 14 counts of possession of child pornography.
Alejandro Baltzar II, 20, is charged with 55 counts of possession of child pornography.
Donald Marich, 69, is charged with 16 counts of possession of child pornography and three counts of promotion of sexual performance by a child.
The 16-year-old boy arrested is charged with 12 counts of possession of child pornography.