FL Man Charged With Child Sex Abuse

.jpg photo of Child Predator
Behzad Izadi, 57

Sheriff: Palmetto man could face additional Child Abuse charges

SARASOTA COUNTY, FL  –  Behzad Izadi, 57, of Palmetto has been charged with sexual abuse in Sarasota and Manatee counties after three children disclosed he abused them during parties at his home in 2013, and at a condo he was renting on Siesta Key last year, the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office said.

Izadi was charged May 26 with three counts of lewd and lascivious molestation and one count of lewd and lascivious battery with regard to the now 14-year-old victim in Sarasota County.  He had been previously charged May 17 with two counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor for allegedly supplying drugs and alcohol to two other teens.

Detectives began investigating Izadi when the 14-year-old Sarasota child told a counselor in April that she was sexually battered at a July 4, 2016 party on Siesta Key.  The alleged victim said that she was invited to the July 4 overnight party with a group of her girlfriends.  Izadi rented the condo on Siesta Beach for the party and was the only adult present.

According to a Sheriff’s Office report:

Izadi bought alcohol for the minors and encouraged them to drink. The victim stated that she had also attended other parties with Izadi where he was “handing out Xanax” to her 13 and 14-year-old girlfriends.

On the night of the incident, the victim said she recalls Izadi touching her twice sexually while she slept on a living room couch, and once after she moved to a bedroom where her friends were sleeping.  Scared and “in shock” over the incident, she called her mother in the morning who came immediately and picked her up.

The victim said she noticed other friends had suddenly stopped hanging out around Izadi and learned of similar incidents.  A second 14-year-old victim reported being touched by Izadi while staying the night at his home.  A third 14-year-old victim said that Izadi would give her two to three Xanax at a time and supplied her with marijuana.  She said she would forget what happened to her those nights about an hour after she took the pills.

The third victim said she would recall some of the events from video snippets taken she discovered on her phone, but did not remember she and her friends “partying.”

A fourth 14-year-old teen was interviewed on May 25 and additional charges could be filed, the Sheriff’s Office said.

Izadi posted bonds totaling $27,500 in Manatee County, and was released May 17.  He was arrested May 28 in Sarasota County and remains in custody on bonds totaling $600,000.

Detectives believe there may be more victims and ask anyone with information regarding Izadi or his actions to contact them the Criminal Investigations Section at 941-861-4916.

TX CEU Visits Round Rock To Roundup Child Pornographer

.jpg photo of man arrested for Child Pornography
Joe Lawrence Islas, 55, of Round Rock TX

OAG’s Child Exploitation Unit Arrests Williamson County Man for Possession of Child Pornography

AUSTIN, TX  –  Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton announced yesterday that the Child Exploitation Unit (CEU) of his office arrested 55-year-old Joe Lawrence Islas, of Round Rock, on three counts of Possession of Child Pornography, a third-degree felony. Islas could face up to 10 years in prison per charge if convicted.

Following a CyberTipline report from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, CEU investigators executed a search warrant at Islas’ residence, where child pornography was recovered on a digital storage device.

Investigators seized additional digital storage devices that will be examined by the attorney general’s Digital Forensics Unit.

Islas declined to be interviewed.  He was booked into Williamson County Jail without incident.

The Texas Attorney General’s Office works to protect children by using the latest technology to track down some of the most profoundly evil predators online.

The CEU proactively seeks out and arrests predators who commit crimes against children using technology and online sources.

Attorney General Paxton urges all parents and teachers to become aware of the risks our children face on the internet and take steps to help ensure their children’s safety.

If you suspect someone of producing or downloading child pornography you can report it to NCMEC.

For more information on cyber safety, please visit:
https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/cj/cyber-safety

The CyberTipline 1-800-843-5678

AR Infant Nearly Eaten By Rats

.jpg photo of Parents of Rat Bitten Baby
Erica Shyrock, 19, and Charles Elliott, 18.

Baby found with nearly 100 rat bites,
parents charged

MAGNOLIA, AR  –  An Arkansas couple were arrested after their newborn baby was found to have between 75 and 100 rat bites.

Police were called to Magnolia Regional Medical Center after the baby girl was taken to the emergency room for treatment for the bites.

A nurse said the 15-day-old child weighed five pounds and had been bitten at least 100 times.

Police said that the baby had bites on her arms, fingers and face, with one bite on the baby’s forehead measuring about an inch wide with the skull visible.

Police identified the child’s parents as Erica Shyrock, 19, and Charles Elliott, 18.

Elliott’s mother said that her son told her that the child had been bitten by a mouse, but said he told her he was afraid the child would be taken away if he took the baby to the hospital.

Shyrock told police that she put the baby to sleep at 5:30 a.m. Sunday.  The baby woke her up screaming at 7:30 a.m. and she found the baby covered in blood.

Shyrock told police that both she and Elliott knew that there were rats in the home, but did nothing to get rid of them.

Elliott told police that he and Shyrock woke up at 5 a.m. to the baby crying and saw blood everywhere and rat footprints in the crib.   But he and Shyrock waited to take the baby to he hospital until his mother arrived around 9 a.m.

Both Elliott and Shyrock were arrested, charged with endangering the welfare of a minor in the first degree.

A Columbia County deputy prosecuting attorney said that new charges of permitting abuse of a minor with serious physical injury will be filed against the pair.  The new charge is a felony.

When police searched the home, they said they found the baby’s bassinet with rat footprints in blood, the baby’s hat covered in blood and rodent droppings on a nearby table.

Monday, the baby had facial reconstruction to repair the forehead injury.

Tuesday, doctors at Arkansas Children’s Hospital told police that the injuries were so severe that the bites would have taken hours and the baby would have been in distress during the time. 

The doctor told police that he believes that the parents were either not at the home or were so incapacitated that they were not able to respond. The doctor said he found 75 to 100 bites covering the child.

Anti-Child Agenda Wasting Needed Resources

.jpg photo of Child Abuse graphic
There is an antiChild Agenda very much alive in this world.

AG Paxton Applauds Court Ruling Affirming Rejection of Pornography Convention

May 12, 2017
AUSTIN, TX  –  Yesterday, U.S. District Judge Sidney Fitzwater dismissed the complaint of pornographers, Three Expo Events L.L.C., demanding the right to use the Dallas Convention Center to hold an illicit convention.  Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton stood with leaders of the City of Dallas and the Dallas Citizens Council in defending the city’s right to keep taxpayer resources from being used to promote the pornography industry.

“It is vital that governmental entities have the ability to exclude sexually-oriented businesses from property that they own,” Attorney General Paxton said.  “The City of Dallas, through its democratically-elected officials, rightfully decided that its convention center and taxpayer monies should not be home to an event where obscenity and criminal activity occurs.”

Attorney General Paxton originally became involved in the case in 2016 when he filed an amicus brief supporting the City’s decision to not host a pornography convention on city-owned property.

Attorney General Paxton submitted a second amicus brief in March 2017 supporting the city’s motion to dismiss the case.  The court granted the City’s motion to dismiss on May 11, 2017.  Joining Attorney General Paxton on his amicus briefs was the Dallas Citizens Council, a nonprofit organization comprising business and civic leaders in the Dallas region whose sole purpose is to provide leadership on public policy issues to improve the lives of Dallas citizens.

Attorney General Paxton is fighting pornography in Texas because of its demonstrated harm on children.

The Texas Attorney General’s Office works to protect children by using the latest technology to track down some of the most profoundly evil predators online.

Attorney General Paxton’s Child Exploitation Unit (CEU) proactively seeks out and arrests predators who commit crimes against children using technology and online sources.

Attorney General Paxton urges all parents and teachers to become aware of the risks our children face on the internet and take steps to help ensure their children’s safety.

For more information on cyber safety, please visit:
https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/cj/cyber-safety

Mother Now Charged With Abuse Of Child

.jpg photo of mother charged with abuse
Valerie Pastran, 21

Tucson woman arrested week after
boyfriend in Child Abuse case

TUCSON, AZ  –  Police said on Friday, May 5, that they have arrested a Tucson woman in connection with a child abuse case for which her boyfriend was arrested last month.

According to Tucson Police Department Sgt. Pete Dugan, 21-year-old Valerie Pastran was arrested on Thursday, May 4.  She was booked on one count of child abuse, Dugan said.  She was released later that night.

NM Fighter Accused Of Child Abuse

Gilbert Cuhen, an MMA fighter from New Mexico, was arrested on abuse charges on April 27 after Pastran’s 3-year-old girl was found unresponsive in a home on Tucson’s south side.  Cuhen was also charged with child abuse.

Dugan said on April 27 that the child was in critical condition.  The child’s family said she was on life support.

Tucson News Now will update this late breaking story as details become available.

Did You Make A Difference Today?