Remake Of Groundhog Day:
CPS – The Stepford Years
2002 to 2016
There was another installment of Leiliana Wright’s death in the Sunday edition of the Dallas Morning News.
I can’t do it, but you can if you want, then you can come back here and see what I found that somehow I missed before. I will give you a big hint, the hint is right above me in Heading 2, meanwhile I couldn’t find the exact DMN article, but this link right below me will take you to one that is close enough.
Believe it or not, the press gets out of character and throws some CPS people under the bus, but quickly saves them before they get all they deserve. The really cool part is the bus actually does some decent damage though….
MURFREESBORO, TN — A Murfreesboro detective has found his hands legally tied in a case of child sexual abuse. According to the report provided to The Daily News Journal, the investigation began in January, but the incident took place from 1988 to 1992.
“I discussed the case with the District Attorney’s Office and it appears that the statute of limitations prevents me from charging (the suspect),” the investigating officer wrote.
According to the report, the victim would have been between the ages of 11 and 15 during the years of the abuse, and the suspect was between 17 and 20. The officer went on to note that “the suspect is currently around minors and the victim was 11 to 15 at the time he was molested, therefore a DCS referral was made.”
“DCS is not a law enforcement agency,” Rob Johnson, director for communications for the Department of Children’s Services, told The Daily News Journal. “But anyone who suspects that a child is being abused or neglected must report those concerns to the DCS child abuse hotline at 877-237-0004.”
Texas toddler diagnosed with HIV, genital herpes & chlamydia after being assaulted by uncle
March 18, 2016 – HOUSTON, TX – David Wilson was found guilty of child sex assault in a Houston court.
Wilson, a previous sex offender, was accused of molesting two young girls. The jury deliberated about an hour.
Wilson was found guilty of the sexual assault of a child in 2005 and sentenced to four years in prison. Six years later, Wilson has been found guilty again in a case that has lifelong consequences for two more children.
He was charged with super aggravated sexual assault of a child. The enhanced charge is because of the age of the victim. She was only 23 months old at the time. We have also been told that the child is Wilson’s niece.
A court document states that the assault occurred last year. The toddler’s parents are said to have lived out-of-state, had drug problems and sent their daughter to live with family in Houston. The child is the daughter of Wilson’s sister.
Last November, the toddler was taken to a doctor, where she was diagnosed with HIV, genital herpes and chlamydia. Re-constructive surgery was performed because of infection to her private parts. A doctor told investigators that she had to have been sexually abused because of the sexually transmitted diseases that were detected.
Four people in the home where the child lived were tested. Only one tested positive for HIV. It was David R. Wilson. It’s unclear why Wilson was not arrested at the time.
A 14-year-old girl spoke to the Children’s Assessment Center, telling a caseworker she had been having sex with a man for two years. She identified the man as David R. Wilson and said she was pregnant. An exam of the girl showed that she was HIV positive, had herpes and chlamydia.
Indianapolis Public Schools changes Child Abuse procedure
INDIANAPOLIS, IN – The district’s delayed response to an official accused of having sexual encounters with students has prompted Indianapolis Public Schools to strengthen its procedures for handling reports of suspected child abuse or neglect.
Superintendent Lewis Ferebee said Thursday that school officials are now required to report any allegations of abuse or neglect to the district’s police department. School officials were previously required to report such allegations to the Indiana Department of Child Services.
The policy change is the result of problems with the district’s handling of child sex abuse allegations against a former counselor.
Shana Taylor is accused of engaging in sexual conduct with one student in multiple locations, including the school, between October and February. The encounters began when the student was 16 and continued after he turned 17, according to the Marion County prosecutor’s office.
Taylor also is accused of having a sexual encounter with a second student who was 16 at the time.
Court records and interviews indicate that at least six district officials, including Ferebee, learned of the allegations as early as Feb. 17, but no one reported the allegations until Feb. 23.
Ferebee said he didn’t report it himself because he didn’t have “relevant facts about the allegation.”
“I did not have age, name, text messages, photos, anything that was associated with this claim,” he said. “So I just want to be clear about that. If I had that type of information, obviously I would have an obligation there. But I did not have that information.”
Earlier this month, Ferebee said the district would “aggressively” pursue disciplinary action against school employees who failed to immediately report the allegations against Taylor. The school board hasn’t taken any action against those employees because it’s waiting from recommendations from Ferebee, according to board president Mary Ann Sullivan.
On Thursday, Ferebee said some employees are involved in disciplinary action, but he didn’t share any additional information.
Sullivan declined to comment on whether the board would pursue disciplinary action against Ferebee.
UPPER MARLBORO, MD (CN) – A Maryland elementary school choir director persuaded dozens of children to perform sexual acts on camera by telling them they were part of a “club,” a mother claims in a class action.
Jane Doe No. 2 sued the Prince George’s County Board of Education, elementary school principal Michelle Williams, and the alleged molester, teacher assistant Deonte Carraway, on Feb. 11 in Prince George’s County Court.
A second mother, Jane Doe. No. 1, filed a similar complaint, which was not a class action.
Carraway, 22, was arrested on Feb. 6 and charged with 10 counts of felony child pornography and sexual abuse.
He worked for the Judge Sylvania Woods Elementary School in Glenarden as a paid teacher’s assistant from November 2014 to September 2015, then as an unpaid volunteer, according to the complaints.
According to the class action, “On multiple occasions, Carraway coerced John Doe No. 2 to engage in sexual acts with him on school property during school hours.”
Carraway also made the boy “engage in sexual acts with him on multiple occasions at the Glenarden Municipal Center” at Friday night choir practice, the mother says.
Carraway scheduled meetings with and sent photos and videos to John Doe 2 through the smartphone app Kik, which allows people to send anonymous photos and messages, Doe’s mother says.
Carraway’s predations began in early 2015 went on until January this year, when another student’s uncle “discovered that Carraway had been communicating with his nephew and other children on Kik,” the complaint states.
“The student’s uncle saw that there were inappropriate pictures of students that were sent through Kik.”
The uncle notified principal Williams on Feb. 4 this year and called police that night, according to the complaint. County police then found four SIM cards from Carraway’s cellphone.
“On just one of the SIM cards, there were at least 44 recordings of sexual acts involving children,” the complaint states.
It continues: “Upon information and belief, on some of the recordings, Carraway can be seen or heard directing the children to perform certain sexual acts.
“Upon information and belief, one of the recordings is of a child performing a sexual act on Carraway in a school bathroom while he recorded the act on his cellphone.
“The obscene recordings on Carraway’s phone range from 8-second clips to videos running over a minute.”
So brazen was Carraway that he would call students out of class and tell them they “would be participating in a ‘club’ with him to help persuade them to engage in these sexual acts on camera,” the complaint states.
His victims were as young as 9, and “the number of victims is at least 10, but it may be as many as 30,” according to the complaint.
Doe’s mom says that Carraway’s sexual abuse was “common knowledge among the students.”
She says that although parents and teachers “expressed concern” about Carraway’s “predatory behavior,” principal Williams took no action, claiming they had “no proof.”
Doe blames the “complete absence of any supervision and oversight of his conduct.”
Doe seeks class certification and damages for Title IX violations, other civil rights violations, violations of Maryland human rights law, negligent supervision, intentional infliction of emotional distress, invasion of privacy, and battery.
She is represented by Timothy Maloney with Joseph, Greenwald & Laake in Greenbelt, who represents Jane Doe No. 1 in her lawsuit against the same defendants.
Attorney Maloney said the criminal and civil cases are just beginning.
“The shocking events at Sylvania Woods Elementary revealed a profound breach of trust,” Maloney said in an email Sunday.
Almost all of the nearly 700 students at Sylvania Woods are black and Latino and/or qualify for free or reduced-price lunch, according to The Washington Post.
Authorities have identified 17 victims so far, 9 to 13 years old, according to the Post.
Principal Williams is on paid leave, and Carraway is being held on a $1 million bond.
It is far from unusual in complaints such as this for parents to claim that school administrators knew of or had reason to know of a teacher’s abuse, but failed to take action.
“Ruining someone’s career can be actionable,” one attorney with knowledge of such cases told Courthouse News. “Failing to ruin someone’s career is less actionable.”