Tag Archives: Drugs

Only Two Sides In This War Being Waged Against Our Children

.jpg photo of Child Sexual Trafficking graphic
“Child Sex Trafficking is happening in every community across America.”

FBI:  Child Sex Trafficking operations
conducted in Myrtle Beach, Lumberton

Conway, SC  –  Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and Lumberton, North Carolina, were both sites of operations conducted last week as part of a cross-country Federal Bureau of Investigation effort to crack down on underage human trafficking, according to a news release.

The operation, Operation Cross Country XI, resulted in the recovery of 84 minors and the arrest of 120 traffickers from Oct. 12 through Oct. 15, the release from the FBI said.

The youngest victim recovered was 3 months old, and the average age of the recovered victims was 15 years old, the release said.

In one example, on Oct. 13, FBI Denver found two minor girls, one 3-months-old and one 5-years-old, after a friend of the children’s family offered an undercover officer “access to the two children for sexual purposes in exchange for $600,” the release said.

“We at the FBI have no greater mission than to protect our nation’s children from harm.  Unfortunately, the number of traffickers arrested—and the number of children recovered—reinforces why we need to continue to do this important work,” said FBI Director Christopher Wray in the release.  “This operation isn’t just about taking traffickers off the street.  It’s about making sure we offer help and a way out to these young victims who find themselves caught in a vicious cycle of abuse.”

FBI agents and task force officers staged operations in hotels, casinos, and truck stops, as well as on street corners and internet websites.  The operations in the Carolinas happened in Myrtle Beach and Columbia in South Carolina, and Charlotte, Raleigh, Fayetteville, and Lumberton in North Carolina, according to the FBI.

“Child sex trafficking is happening in every community across America,” said National Center for Missing & Exploited Children® President and CEO John Clark, which partnered with the FBI for the operation.  “We’re proud to work with the FBI on Operation Cross Country to help find and recover child victims.  We hope OCC generates more awareness about this crisis impacting our nation’s children.”

This is the 11th iteration of the FBI-led Operation Cross Country (OCC), which took place this year in 55 FBI field offices and involved 78 state and local task forces, consisting of hundreds of law enforcement partners.  This year’s coordinated operations took place with several international partners, including Canada (Operation Northern Spotlight), the United Kingdom (Aident 8), Thailand, Cambodia, and the Philippines.

Operation Cross Country XI is part of the FBI’s Innocence Lost National Initiative, which began in 2003 and has yielded more than 6,500 child identifications and locations.   For additional information on Operation Cross Country XI and the Innocence Lost initiative, please visit www.fbi.gov.

REPORT IT!!!!

24-Hour HOTLINE
1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678)
If you think you have seen a missing child, contact the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children® 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.

Report Child Sexual Exploitation
Use the CyberTipline to report child sexual exploitation.

NATIONAL CENTER FOR MISSING & EXPLOITED CHILDREN
http://www.missingkids.com/home

NM Reports Increase In Child Abuse, Neglect

.jpg photo of Child Abuse graphic
There’s no excuse for Child Abuse

Child Abuse, Neglect strain New Mexico
protection program

SANTA FE, NM  –  New Mexico’s child protection system is straining to keep pace with an increase in abuse and neglect cases, despite increased public spending, according to a report from state analysts released Tuesday.

The report from the nonpartisan Legislative Finance Committee shows the protective services program for children in state custody has failed to meet seven out of eight performance goals.  For the fiscal year ending in June, the program missed benchmarks for reunifying children with parents in under a year, the number of children returning to foster care and the speed of adoptions.

The number of children placed in protective care in New Mexico increased by 6 percent to 2,674 during the one-year period ending in June.  The state spends 21 percent more on protective programs for children than it did four years ago.

Children, Youth and Families Department Secretary Monique Jacobson said her agency has been encouraging the public to report child abuse — possibly pushing up case numbers in the process.

“We’re asking people to make child abuse their business,” she said, noting other factors in New Mexico including an opioid addiction epidemic have influence caseloads.

Jacobson acknowledged improvements in the state’s child welfare system are needed, while highlighted progress toward a more stable workforce and an increase in the number of field workers who visit homes to detect maltreatment and determine whether a child may be in danger.

The job turnover rate dropped to 25 percent this year for child protective services workers, down from 34 percent in 2014, Jacobson said.

She cautioned that efforts to reunify mistreated children with parents cannot be rushed or incentivized, and that her agency is working with the court system to streamline adoption procedures. Jacobson noted year-over-year statistical progress in six out of eight evaluation categories for child protective services.

The analysis from the Legislature notes that the state could save tens of millions of dollars in the short run with just a 10 percent reduction in child maltreatment and foster placements.

Generally high evaluation marks were given to the performance of early childhood services including programs that promote high-quality child care.

FL Man Charged With Child Sex Abuse

.jpg photo of Child Predator
Behzad Izadi, 57

Sheriff: Palmetto man could face additional Child Abuse charges

SARASOTA COUNTY, FL  –  Behzad Izadi, 57, of Palmetto has been charged with sexual abuse in Sarasota and Manatee counties after three children disclosed he abused them during parties at his home in 2013, and at a condo he was renting on Siesta Key last year, the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office said.

Izadi was charged May 26 with three counts of lewd and lascivious molestation and one count of lewd and lascivious battery with regard to the now 14-year-old victim in Sarasota County.  He had been previously charged May 17 with two counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor for allegedly supplying drugs and alcohol to two other teens.

Detectives began investigating Izadi when the 14-year-old Sarasota child told a counselor in April that she was sexually battered at a July 4, 2016 party on Siesta Key.  The alleged victim said that she was invited to the July 4 overnight party with a group of her girlfriends.  Izadi rented the condo on Siesta Beach for the party and was the only adult present.

According to a Sheriff’s Office report:

Izadi bought alcohol for the minors and encouraged them to drink. The victim stated that she had also attended other parties with Izadi where he was “handing out Xanax” to her 13 and 14-year-old girlfriends.

On the night of the incident, the victim said she recalls Izadi touching her twice sexually while she slept on a living room couch, and once after she moved to a bedroom where her friends were sleeping.  Scared and “in shock” over the incident, she called her mother in the morning who came immediately and picked her up.

The victim said she noticed other friends had suddenly stopped hanging out around Izadi and learned of similar incidents.  A second 14-year-old victim reported being touched by Izadi while staying the night at his home.  A third 14-year-old victim said that Izadi would give her two to three Xanax at a time and supplied her with marijuana.  She said she would forget what happened to her those nights about an hour after she took the pills.

The third victim said she would recall some of the events from video snippets taken she discovered on her phone, but did not remember she and her friends “partying.”

A fourth 14-year-old teen was interviewed on May 25 and additional charges could be filed, the Sheriff’s Office said.

Izadi posted bonds totaling $27,500 in Manatee County, and was released May 17.  He was arrested May 28 in Sarasota County and remains in custody on bonds totaling $600,000.

Detectives believe there may be more victims and ask anyone with information regarding Izadi or his actions to contact them the Criminal Investigations Section at 941-861-4916.

Child Starved To Death Fed To Pigs

.jpg photo of Child Abuse victim
Adrian Jones in 2012

Adrian Jones’s stepmom describes Child Abuse on Facebook, claims 7-year-old was
psychopath

A year before Adrian was found, Heather made a reference about feeding a person to pigs.

The stepmother who pled guilty to murdering Adrian Jones frequently posted Facebook updates complaining about the child, calling him a “psychopath,” and posting photos of the severe, abusive punishments she and her husband gave the boy.

According to an arrest affidavit obtained by the Kansas City Star, Heather Jones was a member of a private Facebook group where she repeatedly made reference to fantasies about killing the boy, and once specifically spoke of feeding someone to pigs — which is exactly how Heather and her husband Michael Jones disposed of seven-year-old Adrian’s dead body after they starved him to death in 2015.

In late December 2014, Heather Jones reportedly wrote on Facebook: “might be the next [redacted] and have to feed some pigs a body.”

A few days earlier, on Christmas Day, Heather posted a message that was a reference to a Walking Dead episode in which a child is shot in the back of the head while looking at flowers.

That same day, Heather posted a message calling the child a psychopath:

“I have a psychopath I’m giving away for free today,” she wrote.  “He broke out last night and (expletive) my kitchen and everything I had baked up!!!  I’m beyond pissed and he’s running laps around my pool and doing push ups till I’m tired unless someone wants him!!!”

As Crime Online previously reported, Heather and Michael Jones subjected the little boy, who came to live with them in 2012, to increasingly extreme punishments, and documented much of the abuse with photos that Heather’s landlord found after accessing her computer, with Heather’s permission, after her arrest.

The little boy was forced to stand outside in the cold, stand in neck-deep dirty pool water overnight, and repeatedly restrained for extended periods of time.  According to the arrest affidavit, Heather posted photos of the abuse to the private Facebook group, including one of Aidan handcuffed to an inversion table.  Other photos showed injuries from the abuse.

The Kansas City Star report does not indicate if or how other members of the group responded to the admissions of abuse and the threats to further hurt the child.

Adrian’s body was found in November 2015, after Heather called police to report a domestic incident.  After police arrived, she told them Adrian had died and Michael Jones had fed his remains to pigs on the property.  Michael reportedly led police to the remains.

Both Heather and Michael Jones pled guilty to murder charges, and were sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole after 25 years.

AR Infant Nearly Eaten By Rats

.jpg photo of Parents of Rat Bitten Baby
Erica Shyrock, 19, and Charles Elliott, 18.

Baby found with nearly 100 rat bites,
parents charged

MAGNOLIA, AR  –  An Arkansas couple were arrested after their newborn baby was found to have between 75 and 100 rat bites.

Police were called to Magnolia Regional Medical Center after the baby girl was taken to the emergency room for treatment for the bites.

A nurse said the 15-day-old child weighed five pounds and had been bitten at least 100 times.

Police said that the baby had bites on her arms, fingers and face, with one bite on the baby’s forehead measuring about an inch wide with the skull visible.

Police identified the child’s parents as Erica Shyrock, 19, and Charles Elliott, 18.

Elliott’s mother said that her son told her that the child had been bitten by a mouse, but said he told her he was afraid the child would be taken away if he took the baby to the hospital.

Shyrock told police that she put the baby to sleep at 5:30 a.m. Sunday.  The baby woke her up screaming at 7:30 a.m. and she found the baby covered in blood.

Shyrock told police that both she and Elliott knew that there were rats in the home, but did nothing to get rid of them.

Elliott told police that he and Shyrock woke up at 5 a.m. to the baby crying and saw blood everywhere and rat footprints in the crib.   But he and Shyrock waited to take the baby to he hospital until his mother arrived around 9 a.m.

Both Elliott and Shyrock were arrested, charged with endangering the welfare of a minor in the first degree.

A Columbia County deputy prosecuting attorney said that new charges of permitting abuse of a minor with serious physical injury will be filed against the pair.  The new charge is a felony.

When police searched the home, they said they found the baby’s bassinet with rat footprints in blood, the baby’s hat covered in blood and rodent droppings on a nearby table.

Monday, the baby had facial reconstruction to repair the forehead injury.

Tuesday, doctors at Arkansas Children’s Hospital told police that the injuries were so severe that the bites would have taken hours and the baby would have been in distress during the time. 

The doctor told police that he believes that the parents were either not at the home or were so incapacitated that they were not able to respond. The doctor said he found 75 to 100 bites covering the child.